Jun 26, 2017

Grandparents discussing about SmartPhone



Just today I had a trip to my village. After a short journey of about 3 hours I was there in my village at my home with three elder's of my family. I was just getting bored while listening to all of there discussion but suddenly from nowhere the topic of Smartphone came in. My grandfather who was among one of this elder's said he was really impressed how mobile phones are changing the life. My grandfather has seen some Saint doing the workship of god's from his smart phone. And that's how this discussion on the smart phone started. For simplicity let's take G for my grandfather G2 for second Elder and finally F for my father .


G: mobile phones have really changed the way everything works now a days .
G2: Yup that's true.
G: I have seen even saints using the phones in there prayers.
Me : (and that's where i started feeling excited about the topic)
G2: Now a days people can record anything in the phone.
G: Yes that saint has the whole book for prayer recorded for prayer.
Me: (recorded? Was that audio or video and why record like that)
G2: ya they record it and then just scroll through his mobile to read it out to others !
Me: (read it? Means text that's should have been app then may be time for me to enter the discussion)
Me : It's simple our smart phone can show anything to us! Any content we need can be seen through it!
G: ya i know but recording all this would be hard isn't it.
Me: (finally my father came in)
F: They dont need to record it  its just there in mobile itself we don't need to record it.
G: of we don't record then how is it inside it.
F: This smart phones have everything anything u want to see everything inside this simple device.
Me: (and my father started taking more interest in the topic)
G: wow now that's really one of the biggest invention. Its really useful for all of us.
Me: (Startes feeling Proud being a developer )
F: But as there are good things about it there are bad too.
G: But surely good things are more than bad onea.
F: Nope bad things are way to more than the good they offer!
Me: (Now this surely worked great in hurting my feelings)
G: Why so this mobile phones i don't know how to use them but they surely help a lot.
Me: (sincerely waiting for the justification)
F: By using this device from here in village my son can see our home.
Me: (ok that looks good to me google maps)
F: Not just the home he can also see people around there !
Me:(I can't do that to do that may be I will require a remote camera but still it's in  a mobile support so no objection)
G: that's great isn't it if we can do so what's wrong in it?
F: The wrong is that others can do same and they can look at our home remotely to know when we are not at home or what we are doing!
Me: (蘿蘿蘿just speechless on there thinking I just gave up here just willing to know what else they think)
F: Not just that think about your money now due to this mobile phones even with all security at bank any mobile developer can hack your account and steel your money!
Me: (Do we look like devil's? And even if we do that's not how it works!)
F: let me give u a example my son all of his photos are online anyone can search his name online and he will get access to all of his photos !
Me: (Now its critical i need to interfere as its on my privacy now)
Me: dad yes they can find my pics online but that's because i have shared them publicly. I can decide what to share with others and what not to share with others online! There is a thing called privacy online too (atleast till some expert hacker is not present or till your gf dose not have any idea about your passworda).
F: ohh so u decided to let any one see your pics and u have some unshared pics too?
Me: Yes we can't just let every pic to be seen to everyone. (Feeling like I have proved my self right)
F: See that's what i was saying u are developer u can do so but for people like us who dont know a lot about smart phones all of our pics are just public to everyone!!
Me: (omg now that's terrible first share and SmartPhone? And then surely what can i do if u dont know how to share properly)
Me: but dad u should only use this things if u know how to.
F: Oh so now that u are engineer u will act like this? We don't know this things so this prooves its a privacy issue.
Me: ok dad (didn't waned to fight, my father can convince anyone or we can say make us act as conviced)
F: Not just that via mobile phone any one can get any of my details from bank account numbers to anything by hacking it!
Me: Have u stored your bank account details on phone?
F: Nope why?
Me : Then how can someone hack it?
F: They can u dont know anything .
Me : (wow i don't know anything and i am computer Engineer)
So finally after getting feedback on myself i decided to go back to my phone and do what i was doing before that is to ignore the discussion
I don't really know what our elders think of us. According to them being computer engineer we should be able to repair any computer (fine), laptop, ram, motherboard, mobile, network issues,sim not working issues and all ! C'mon we lerned something totally different they can understand it we can't explain it and we should be happy the way it is!
Thank you
Rajdeep Singh Barad

No comments :

Post a Comment